Professional Development Week (PDW): Reflection Report

10.06.2024 - 14.06.2024 (Week 8)

Bachelor of Design (Hons) Creative Media

Adeline Wong Chyn Nee / 0344017 

PDW / Reflection Report



DIRECTORY
  • List of Talks
  • Reflection Report


  • LIST OF TALKS

    1. "Financial Literacy for Fresh Graduate” by MAYBANK
    2. Keynote: “Aspire to Inspire” by POS MALAYSIA
    3. "The Art of Storytelling" by KAKISENI
    4. "Maximize Your LinkedIn Presence" by BDO
    5. "A.I. in Digital Media" by MALAYSIAN ADVERTISERS ASSOCIATION
    6. "Digital Transformation and Solutions: The Importance of Making It Easy" by APLIKASI


    REFLECTION REPORT

    During week 8, we chose and attended six different talks, but I chose these two to reflect on as they had the most impact on me. The talks were "Financial Literacy for Fresh Graduates" by MAYBANK and "A.I. in Digital Media" by the Malaysian Advertisers Association. Both provided invaluable insights, in terms of finance and artificial intelligence, both I would say are advancing with great speed and are crucial for the future. With that, here's my reflective report to express how both talks resonated deeply with my personal interests and professional aspirations.

    The talk on financial literacy was very interesting to me. I've always thought about investing; it's been a constant thought at the back of my mind, but uncertainty about the whole concept held me back. But this session provided the clarity I needed, such as the importance of financial stability and saving and investing. The whole idea of setting aside a portion of our income before the rest was enlightening! It taught me the importance of having a safety net in case of any emergency. The speaker also spoke on owning rather than owing, which was impactful and made me more aware of the decisions I will make in the future once I have adult money. Of course, it's easier said than done, but I feel acknowledging the importance of managing our finances is a good start already.

    The second talk, presented by the Malaysian Advertisers Association, focused on the integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in digital media. As someone who finds AI fascinating and uses it on a daily basis, such as ChatGPT for idea generating and even in the TikTok filters I use, this session was both intriguing and enlightening. However, with this talk, I realized how deeply integrated AI is in companies such as Grab. AI enabling these companies to personalize experiences at a big scale was a surprising point. It made me realize that AI has a role in the corporate world as well. The fast-paced development speed and enhancement of product capacity allow these companies to operate efficiently like never before, which is so cool!

    Overall, both talks were profoundly educational experiences. They not only expanded my knowledge but also provided practical insights that I can apply in both my personal and professional life.

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Major Project

    Advanced Interactive Design: Task 02